Tile Backer Board 6mm / 10mm / 12mm - Floor or Wall Hard Tile Backer Insulation Cement Board 1200mm x 600mm
(The price is per board BUT we only sell them in packs of 5 so you must round up or down to the nearest 5 - 5, 10,15,20 - its not 5 boards for £7)
Hard Tile Backer Wall and Floor Boards 1200mm x 600mm - 6mm / 10mm / 12mm
We recommend 6mm/10mm for floors & 10mm/12mm for Walls depending on the tile size & subfloor.
Tile Backer Insulated Mounting Boards give a stable and flat surface when tiling over a sub floor / wall, this prevents any grout from cracking by reducing excessive flex or movement. which are more environmentally friendly and more stable than timber/ply/OSB/Hardie Backer sheet materials or uneven solid walls alternatives & give a much more secure fixing surface for peace of mind for years to come. Our Tile backer adhesive boards be used for cladding walls and floors, and can be used both internally and externally. Not only that, the Tile Backer Backing Boards, can be mechanically fixed and glued with adhesive, and can be easily cut to suited size and shape with a simple sharp stanley knife or hand saw allowing you to cut around curves, corners and other.
Trade Tile Back Board Features & Benefits:
- 1200 x 600mm Boards (individual board size) which makes it very easy to transport and move around on site - Pirce is for each board which is 0.72 sq m (you need 1.4 x boards to cover 1 sq m - we recommend ordering +10% to allow for wastage / offcuts etc.)
- 6mm Thick / 10mm / 12mm
- Good insulation - reducing condensation - makes it a great surface to fit one of our electric underfloor heating systems onto & non-conductive surface reduces condensation by masking any cold bridging from the substrate beneath.
- Offers higher adhesion to tiles than either timber or plasterboard
- Can be fixed onto almost any surface
- Maximum Tile Loading Weight 62kg/m2 (CERAM121107)
- Has a high compressive strength of over 25 Tonnes per sq.m making it incredibly strong when tiled
- Can be Tiled, plastered or cladding applied
- Offers fast creation of tiled partition walls anywhere within the home
- High compression strength and lightweight
- Additional waterproofing with SBR/Primer for peace of mind
- Compressive Strength (10% deflection to EN 826:1996) Minimum of 0.3N/mm2
- Flammability to EN 13501-1 Class E
- Impact Sound Reduction (BS-ISO140-8) 21 dLw
- Density 36±2kg/m3 (DIN 53420)
- Bending Stiffness, E( 20mm / 30mm) 601KNmm2 / 1285 kN/mm 2
|Number of Sq M Required (m²)||No of boards Required|
Boards are price individually and only sold in packs/multiples of 5 hence you may need to round up to the nearest 5 ie. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc...
|BOARD THICKNESS (MM)||NET THICKNESS XPS (MM)||R-value (m2.K)/W||U-value W/m2 x K||λd Rated value|
FIXING INSTRUCTIONS - Boards should be stored dry and flat. Slight bowing caused by incorrect storage is not permanent and does not represent a technical defect. Slight curving can be rectified through storing the boards flat.
Masonry Subfloors / Walls
When installing any type of tile backer board onto concrete sub floor we recommend using Flexible Tile Adhesive, please make sure the floor is primed with a suitable primer before installation.
Wooden Floors / Stud Walls
When installing onto wooden floors we recommend using insulation fixing washers & screws. Screws and washers must be fixed at minimum 300mm center's. This is approx 15 fixing per boards.