Tile Backer Board 6mm / 10mm / 12mm - Floor or Wall Hard Tile Backer Insulation Cement Board 1200mm x 600mm
(The price is per board BUT we only sell them in packs of 5 so you must round up or down to the nearest 5 - 5, 10,15,20 - its not 5 boards for £7)
[TILE BACKER BOARDS FOR WALL & FLOOR 6MM / 10MM / 12MM] Tile backer wall & floor boards are suitable for a range of applications such as tiling bathroom, kitchen, ensuite etc. - we recommend 6mm/10mm for flooring and 10mm/12mm for walls due to increased strength properties, even with large 1m x 1m tiles 12mm thick - Maximum Tile Loading Weight: 62kg/m2 (CERAM121107)
[INSULATED XPS FOAM CORE & WATERPROOF] Hard backer board has great insulation properties to keep your tiles warm to touch as well as ideal for under floor heating application ensuring heat is retain within the room and thus making installations more energy efficient - U value as low as W/m2 on 12mm tile boards
[EASY TO INSTALL SIZE ESPECIALLY IN SMALL BATHROOMS & EN-SUITES - 600MM X 1200MM] Tile backer comes in a convenient size for transporting up stairs and into narrow spaces such as bathrooms and ensuite rooms as well as suiting a range of stud centres such as 300mm, 400mm and 600mm without cuts
[CUTS WITH A STANLEY KNIFE] Tile backer boards cut with a sharp stanley knife & straight edge, saving time and money on expensive power tools as well as capable of cutting various shapes and sizes by hand such as cutting around pipes, furniture and appliances etc. & no pre-drilling required simply drill through with wood screws using 36mm steel washers (sold separately- recommended 15 fixings per board)
[FIBRE CEMENT BOARD FACE GIVING TILES BETTER ADHESIVE OVER TIMBER & PLASTERBOARD] Rigid cement board face gives great adhesive properties for tile adhesives over timber sheet and plasterboard, ensuring solid permanent adhesion reducing grout cracking by reducing excessive flex or movement. Whatsmore faced on both sides so can use adhesive to bond to solid walls and floors
Trade Tile Back Board Features & Benefits:
- 1200 x 600mm Boards (individual board size) which makes it very easy to transport and move around on site - Pirce is for each board which is 0.72 sq m (you need 1.4 x boards to cover 1 sq m - we recommend ordering +10% to allow for wastage / offcuts etc.)
- 6mm Thick / 10mm / 12mm
- Good insulation - reducing condensation - makes it a great surface to fit one of our electric underfloor heating systems onto & non-conductive surface reduces condensation by masking any cold bridging from the substrate beneath.
- Offers higher adhesion to tiles than either timber or plasterboard
- Can be fixed onto almost any surface
- Maximum Tile Loading Weight 62kg/m2 (CERAM121107)
- Has a high compressive strength of over 25 Tonnes per sq.m making it incredibly strong when tiled
- Can be Tiled, plastered or cladding applied
- Offers fast creation of tiled partition walls anywhere within the home
- High compression strength and lightweight
- Additional waterproofing with SBR/Primer for peace of mind
- Compressive Strength (10% deflection to EN 826:1996) Minimum of 0.3N/mm2
- Flammability to EN 13501-1 Class E
- Impact Sound Reduction (BS-ISO140-8) 21 dLw
- Density 36±2kg/m3 (DIN 53420)
- Bending Stiffness, E( 20mm / 30mm) 601KNmm2 / 1285 kN/mm 2
|Number of Sq M Required (m²)||No of boards Required|
Boards are price individually and only sold in packs/multiples of 5 hence you may need to round up to the nearest 5 ie. 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc...
|BOARD THICKNESS (MM)||NET THICKNESS XPS (MM)||R-value (m2.K)/W||U-value W/m2 x K||λd Rated value|
FIXING INSTRUCTIONS - Boards should be stored dry and flat. Slight bowing caused by incorrect storage is not permanent and does not represent a technical defect. Slight curving can be rectified through storing the boards flat.
Masonry Subfloors / Walls
When installing any type of tile backer board onto concrete sub floor we recommend using Flexible Tile Adhesive, please make sure the floor is primed with a suitable primer before installation.
Wooden Floors / Stud Walls
When installing onto wooden floors we recommend using insulation fixing washers & screws. Screws and washers must be fixed at minimum 300mm center's. This is approx 15 fixing per boards.